The ‘data controller’ in respect of this policy for compliance with GDPR Regulations IS Beckenham Hearing Limited, a registered company in England and Wales (registration number 12177112).
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling). For more information about your rights and how you can exercise them, please see the sections below.
1. Who we are?
We are an Audiologist firm based in Beckenham providing the greatest care to our existing and new clients.
- When do we collect information about you?
We collect your personal information as follows:
- Website – when you make enquiries or book an appointment through one of our online forms, purchase products from us through our website, register for an account on our website, request a brochure or sign up to receive our newsletter;
- Reception – when you contact our clinic and our team will ask you to provide personal details in order for us to book you in for an appointment and/or send you further information;
- Third party collection – We work with selected third-party service providers who collect information on our behalf from contacts who are interested in private hearing care;
- In branch – If you visit one of our branches, the branch receptionist or Audiologist will ask you to provide personal details in order to book an appointment with you ;
- Cookies – when you visit our website and cookies are placed on your computer;
- Correspondence – when you email, call us or write to us, visit our branches or provide us with information in any other way, including through the use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Google+
- What type of information do we collect from you?
We process the following kinds of personal information if you provide to us:
- information such as your name, address, email address, IP address and information about what webpage you have looked at and when;
- information about your use of our call centre and your branch visits to include communications with us and our staff, whether by email, phone, telephone, in person or through our website;
- information relating to your hearing test to include information about your hearing condition and family history, type of hearing aid currently used (if any), hearing test results. We will keep a record so we are able to understand your needs as best as possible as well as refer back to them in subsequent appointments and tests:
- Why do we collect data from you?
We may use your information to:
- Process orders or respond to requests, enquiries and complaints for any of our services/products;
- Send you confirmation and reminders about your appointment dates and times;
- Seek your views and/or comments on the services we provide;
- Inform you of any changes to our services or branch locations;
- update our records and for audit purposes;
- prevent or detect fraud;
- carry out customer satisfaction research;
- recommend products and services we think you will be interested in;
- enable our service providers to carry out any of the purposes set out above on our behalf;
- train and develop our colleagues;
- monitor the quality of service we deliver to you and ensure it meets your expectations
- Where we store your Personal Information?
- Who has access to your Personal Information?
Your data will be dealt with by Beckenham Hearing Limited employees or contracted staff who are adequately trained and instructed to deal with safe and secure processing of customer information and are also bound by a duty of confidentiality. Also Third Party Service Providers, subcontractors and other associated organizations working on our behalf who assist with repairs, service queries, booking appointments and marketing. We ensure that there is a contract in place to ensure that any shared data is dept secure and that is not used for their own marketing purposes.
- Lawful Processing
The Data Protection Laws provide six lawful reasons for any company may process your data, which has been set out below
You have provided specific consent to us processing your personal information such as to send an email or marketing.
Performance of a contract
We need to process this information where you have entered into a contract and so we can fulfil out contractual obligations to you (or potential obligations, e.g. providing a quote or carrying out enquiries)
We are legally required to process your data to comply with legal or regulatory obligations
We need to process your data to protect your life or health and we cannot obtain your consent to do so.
We process your information as it is in the public interest to do so.
We process your data due to the real interests of a third party. These interests are balanced against your rights & freedoms to ensure the interests are legitimate.
- Your Rights
You have certain rights over the use of your personal information to:
- Access your personal information and to confirm the nature of the information and how it is used. There are circumstances, under GDPR laws, where we can refuse your request or certain elements of your request. If this is the case, we will inform you of our reasons for doing so.
- Change your personal information if it is inaccurate. You can let us know by sending your request to the email address or postal address set out below.
- Have your personal and/or sensitive data deleted (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed)
- Restrict processing of your data if required. If you request this we still store your personal data but no further processing of it would be carried out.
- Object to our processing of your Information by contacting us at the address or email address set out below. For example, if we are processing your Information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests.
- The right to withdraw the consent for the processing of your Information for direct marketing purposes at any time. For email and SMS, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt out in the content of the messaging.
Please be aware that if you do object to the processing of all or selected parts of your data we may not be able to provide you with adequate hearing care services or communicate with you about relevant products, services, offers and/or promotions that we feel are relevant to you.
To exercise any of your rights mentioned above, you can contact our head office in writing: Beckenham Hearing Eden Park House, 531 Upper Elmers End Rd, Beckenham BR3 3BF, UK. Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by calling reception on 020 8663 6187
- Use of ‘Cookies’
- How is your information stored and for how long?
- Marketing Communications
- Complaints Procedure
- Links to other Websites
- Review of this Policy